Official Travel Information
Tipping is a common and expected practice in the USA. Tipping is a way for customers to acknowledge great service by paying a little more than the listed price of a meal or service. Please remember that many people in the service industry rely on tips as a major source of their income.
Here are few tipping suggestions:
- Dining: 15-20 percent for a sit-down meal or 10 percent for a buffet. For further information, please see tipping in the USA.
- Bartenders: $1 per drink or 15-20 percent of tab
- Hotel bell staff: $1-$2 per bag
- Cab drivers: 10-18 percent of fare
- Shuttle drivers: $1-$2 a bag
- Hotel maid: $2-$5 per night
- Parking valet: $3-$5 when picking up car
- Tour guides: 10-20 percent, depending on their service
- Spa treatments, hairdressers, manicurists: 10-20 percent